Message No : 33Sr.No : 586/724
Question By : zaraa..

Assalamu Alaikum
We are 5 sisters. I am the eldest and I am engaged...I was previously engaged also...but could not keep up with the the same is happening again...I do not like this boy anymore and I am willing to break up ...we got engaged last year and for marriage they still want time till October 2011...which will be too long time for me...I do not want to get into Haraam any more as I have disobeyed Allah a lot before and now seriously repenting over what had happened ...but due to some problems and confusion neither the boy wants to get married nor parents had already told there parents that we would wait for them till October but now I find it impossible I have tried everything to refrain from doing what Allah had forbidden and it is not possible now my last hope will be your answer.. there is another man who is willing to marry me within one month and I would like to accept his proposal.... because he is sincere about getting married InshaAllah by next month ....I would like to know what is your regard abut this....zazakallah....


Reply By : Asadullah Qasmi
Designation : Mufti, ODI, MMERC, Mumbai 

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful
The answer to your question is as follows:
Parents wish their children better, they will not suggest you a wrong proposal. You must obey your parents. It is possible that your family has found some good in the person and therefore considers him the perfect match for you. One can never doubt that your parents and family will make an incorrect choice for you. Every person will strive to find someone who is good and compatible to you.
It is absolutely unsuitable for a girl to marry on her won choice overlooking her parents¡¯ willingness. Although father has no right (right of marrying) over his grown-up daughter but Shariah has also given him a right to object if she ties the knot out of her match. So if the boy you wish to marry is not compeer with you in religion, morality, education and profession then your father has the right of objection. However, you should openly discus with your parents all of your problems that you are facing.
Furthermore, you should make Istikhara and consult Allah in your predicament. Allah states ¡°Perhaps you like something but that is bad for you and likewise you dislike something but this is good for you¡±.And Allah Knows The Best.<

To view complete list of questions posted on the topic Click Here

To post your Question Click Here.

Eastern Cresent
Current Issue October 2012
Click here to join markazulmaarif E-Groups on Yahoo!