Message No : 27Sr.No : 547/725

Respected Mufti saab,
My younger brother has divorced his wife. Everything has been settled, but she has refused to accept the iddat money, everybody including the QAZI SAHAB failed to convince her. Amount is not an issue. Please advise us what we should do with this money?.


Reply By : Asadullah Qasmi
Designation : Mufti, ODI, MMERC, Mumbai 

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful
The answer to your question is as follows:
If there is no force or pressure and she is giving up her right of Iddat money with her contentment then it is ok, you can use it in your own or any other purpose. (And Allah knows the best)

To view complete list of questions posted on the topic Click Here

To post your Question Click Here.

Eastern Cresent
Current Issue October 2012
Click here to join markazulmaarif E-Groups on Yahoo!