Message No : 3Sr.No : 387/722
Question By : Mudassar Ashraf

I want to marry a lady that is elder than me and she also wants to marry me. But my family (specially my mother & sisters) are not allowing me to marry. Can I marry her with out permission of them and can live seperately ?


Reply By : Md. Asad Qasmi
Designation : Mufti, ODI, MMERC, Mumbai 

In the name of Allah the beneficent the merciful

The answer to your question is as follows

It is parentsĄ¯ responsibility to take full care of the childrenĄ¯s feelings and do not break their hearts. On the other hand, it is also moral responsibility of children to obey their parents. They should prefer the choice of caring parents who have long experience and understanding. It is, therefore, you are advised to obey your parents and do not think to live separately as long as possible. But your parents also have no right to marry you with a girl you donĄ¯t like. The child has right to take the choice of the parents granted if it is unsuitable. Nevertheless, if you prefer your parentsĄ¯ choice and marry a girl, your parents chose for you, and later on you deal with her in good manners, intending to please your parents, it is hoped that Allah will bestow you with a great reward.

Allah (swt) knows the

To view complete list of questions posted on the topic Click Here

To post your Question Click Here.

Eastern Cresent
Current Issue October 2012
Click here to join markazulmaarif E-Groups on Yahoo!